There are two ways to vote in person in the 2014 Municipal Election:
- On Election Day (October 27, 2014)
- Advance Poll (October 11 & 25, 2014)
NOTE: When you come in to vote, you will be asked to provide your name and appropriate identification. If you fail to provide the appropriate ID, the poll worker has the right to turn you away.
Date: Monday, October 27, 2014
Time: 10:00am to 8:00pm
Location: Multiple Polls
Date: Saturday, October 11 & Saturday, October 25, 2014
Time: 10:00am to 6:00pm
Location: Hespeler Arena, City Hall Atrium, Preston Auditorium
How to vote
- Present your personal identification along with your Voter Notification Card to the Ballot Clerk. He/she will provide you with a ballot and secrecy folder.
- Take the ballot to an available voting booth.
- Vote! Place an “x” beside the candidate(s) of your choice, using the pen provided at the booth.
- Insert your ballot into the secrecy folder and return it to the clerk who will load it into the tabulator.
If you make an error on your ballot, go the the Managing Deputy Returning Officer with the ballot and request a new one.
You will receive your Voter Information Package between October 1 and October 8, 2014. If you did not receive one, please check that you are on the list of voters. If you are not on the list, contact the City Clerk’s Office for more information at 519-740-4680, ext. 8683 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are on the list and have not received a package, you can request a replacement.